- Shareholder, 2000
Counsels public and private employers on commercial and employment related matters, including employment agreements, discharges, severance agreements, discrimination claims, breach-of-contract claims, non-competition covenants, and employment policies.
Counsels individuals on all types of estate planning strategies including wills, revocable trusts, credit shelter trusts, gifting plans, and planning for incapacity.
Assists clients with all aspects of the probate and trust administration process.
Serves as general counsel to a major professional association and advises on all aspects of corporate, employment and health care law.
Advises non-profit organizations and other entities on all aspects of corporate, employment, and health care law.
Assists dentists and other professionals with corporate, employment and practice transition issues.
Areas Of Practice
- Employment Law
- Probate and Estate Planning
- Association Law
- Health Care Law
- Commercial Transactions
- Minnesota, 1994
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 1995
- Notre Dame Law School, Notre Dame, Indiana
- J.D. - 1994
- Honors: Thomas J. White Scholar
- Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois
- B.S. - 1991
- Honors: Dean's List
- Major: Communications
- Presenter, "Dental Risk Management", Minnesota Dental Association Seminar, 2015 to 2017
- Presenter, "Board Duties and Responsibilities", Minnesota Dental Association Seminar, 2004 to Present
- Presenter, "What You Need to Know About Public Records and Open Meetings in Minnesota", Lorman Education Services Continuing Legal Education Seminar, 2003 to 2006
- Presenter, Planning for Incapacity, Dakota Area Resources and Transportation for Seniors (DARTS) Seminar, 2004 to 2007
- Presenter, "Key Strategies for Achieving Financial Success", Women's Financial Security Symposium, 2003 to 2003
- Presenter, "HIPAA Privacy for Dental Professionals", Minnesota Dental Association Seminar, 2003 to 2003
- Minnesota Dental Association
- Minnesota Dental Foundation
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Minnesota State Bar Association Foundation, Board of Directors, 2017 to Present
- Inver Hills Community College Foundation, Board of Directors, 2014 to Present
- Minnesota Women Lawyers, 1999 to Present
- River Heights Chamber of Commerce, Member, 1995 to Present
- River Heights Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors, 2005 to 2007
- Minnesota State Bar Association, 1995 to Present
- First Judicial District Bar Association, 1995 to Present
- Dakota County Bar Association, 1995 to Present
- LeVander, Gillen & Miller, P.A., Member, Finance and Management Committee
- LeVander, Gillen & Miller, P.A., Chair, Human Resources Committee, Present
- LeVander, Gillen & Miller, P.A., Chair, Employment Law Practice Group
- LeVander, Gillen & Miller, P.A., Associate Attorney, 1995 to 1999
Pro Bono Activities
- Minnesota Women Lawyers Law Student Mentor
- Minnesota Valley Mothers of Multiples Club, 2003
- Legal Assistance of Dakota County
- Eagan High School Baseball and Volleyball Booster Clubs