Angela Lutz Amann
Counsels public and private employers on commercial and employment related matters, including employment agreements, discharges, severance agreements, discrimination claims, breach-of-contract claims, non-competition covenants, and employment policies.
Counsels individuals on all types of estate planning strategies including wills, revocable trusts, credit shelter trusts, gifting plans, and planning for incapacity.
Assists clients with all aspects of the probate and trust administration process.
Serves as general counsel to a major professional association and a dental benefits provider and advises on all aspects of corporate, employment and health care law.
Advises non-profit organizations and other entities on all aspects of corporate, employment, and health care law.
Assists dental and other professionals with corporate, employment and practice transition issues.
Areas of Practice
- Employment Law
- Probate and Estate Planning
- Association Law
- Health Care Law
- Elder Law
- Commercial Transactions
- 10% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Minnesota, 1994
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 1995
- Notre Dame Law School, Notre Dame, Indiana
- J.D. - 1994
- Honors: Thomas J. White Scholar
- Law Journal: Journal of Law, Ethics and Public Policy, Student Articles Editor
- Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois
- B.S. - 1991
- Honors: Dean's List
- Major: Communications
- Minnesota Dental Association
- Midwest Dental Benefits, Inc.
- Presenter, "What You Need to Know About Public Records and Open Meetings in Minnesota", Lorman Education Services Continuing Legal Education Seminar, 2003 - 2006
- Presenter, Planning for Incapacity, Dakota Area Resources and Transportation for Seniors (DARTS) Seminar, 2004 - 2007
- Presenter, "Key Strategies for Achieving Financial Success", Women's Financial Security Symposium, 2003
- Presenter, "HIPAA Privacy for Dental Professionals", Minnesota Dental Association Seminar, 2003
- Presenter, "Estate Planning Basics", Easter Lutheran Church, 2003
- Presenter, "Estate Planning Basics", Dakota Area Resources and Transportations for Seniors (DARTS) Seminar, 1999
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Minnesota Women Lawyers, 1999 - Present
- River Heights Chamber of Commerce, Member, 1995 - Present
- River Heights Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors, 2005 - 2007
- American Bar Association, 1995 - Present
- Minnesota State Bar Association, 1995 - Present
- First Judicial District Bar Association, 1995 - Present
- Dakota County Bar Association, 1995 - Present
- LeVander, Gillen & Miller, P.A., Chair, Human Resources Committee
- LeVander, Gillen & Miller, P.A., Chair, Employment Law Practice Group
- LeVander, Gillen & Miller, P.A., Associate Attorney, 1995 - 1999
Past Employment Positions
- Honorable Thomas R. Lacy First Judicial District Court, Minnesota, Law Clerk, 1994 - 1995
Pro Bono Activities
- Minnesota Women Lawyers Law Student Mentor
- Southwest YMCA Childcare Parent Advisory Committee, 2004 - Present
- Minnesota Valley Mothers of Multiples Club, 2003 - Present